Based on Hope Street in Liverpool’s Georgian Quarter, Mayfly Internet Marketing is a full-service digital marketing agency supplying web design, PPC, social media management and SEO services to companies in the UK and around the world.
We’re looking for a professional who can demonstrate creative content writing skills in conjunction with a good all-round understanding of SEO best practices, and who also has the ability to implement a wide variety of tasks required to increase visibility for our clients.
The primary goal of the SEO content executive is to generate organic traffic via search engines through high-quality, keyword-optimised content. They both understand SEO and know how to write content that’s informative and compelling.
Core responsibilities include the following:
- Implementing various content writing elements of a client’s SEO strategy as instructed by colleagues
- Optimising current copy on a client’s website (page titles, meta descriptions, h1s, alts, anchor text, etc.)
- Writing new SEO-friendly copy for pages on a client’s website, such as SEO-friendly service pages
- Writing high quality, SEO-friendly pillar pages, articles and other types of website content that supports SEO strategy
- Researching trending topics within a variety of industries
- Keyword research and competitor analysis
- Other duties as assigned
The SEO content executive must have demonstrated writing experience, professional and/or academic. They have experience writing for a web-based audience as well as a working knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Creativity and resourcefulness
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to keep pace with the SEO industry and search engine algorithmic changes
- A working knowledge of SEO
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Flexibility to evolve strategies quickly and effectively
- Experience in WordPress and other such CMS platforms
- Experience with tools such as SEMrush, Ahrefs, Google Search Console, Google Analytics
What We Offer:
- A full-time job in a small digital marketing agency comprised of young, but experienced marketers who are passionate about their work and are happy to share their knowledge!
- Working collaboratively with clients in diverse industries, from around the world
- On the job training, access to leading tools, and options to further your qualifications
- Choose to work flexibly in a relaxed, modern office environment with WFH days
- A competitive salary for the right candidate
Social nights out, birthday lunches and a Christmas do with the other companies in this modern co-working space.This was pre-covid unfortunately, but we do make it as relaxed and enjoyable as possible!
If you think this is the role for you, please don’t send us your CV. Instead, fill out the form below and detail why you would be a good fit for Mayfly.
Tell us about your relevant work experiences and provide URLs of previous content you’ve written, or websites that you have been involved with. Please make sure that your application stands out from the crowd!