The Simple Terms
- We believe in being as transparent as possible, and are proud of our long-standing and frictionless client relationships.
- We offer a range of services and we will always detail these, either in our email conversations, in person, or over the phone before commencing.
- We’ll do our utmost to help you achieve your digital business goals, whilst recommending improvements along the way.
- When you retain our services, you do so understanding that we require active collaboration with your organisation, in order to deliver our marketing services.
- Should your organisation fail to deliver us the required information, content or approval of work then we may be unable to spend the full amount of time as stipulated in our agreement.
- In such cases, Mayfly will be under no duty to make up the time in the following months, and the full cost of the agreed-upon retainer will still be payable.
- For our Social Media Management clients, we invoice upfront, and payment is to be made before any work commences.
- For our SEO clients, we will provide extensive reporting so you can see exactly how we are spending the time that you have paid for.
- We do not tie our clients into long-term contracts, but we do ask for this openness to be reciprocated and ask that clients give us 30 days’ notice to cease any services with us.
- We invoice for our services on a monthly basis, and our payment terms are within 30 days.
- We reserve the right to charge interest on overdue amounts for clients who fail to pay within 30 days of receiving their invoice.
Now for the more technical explanation:
Mayfly Internet Marketing [Mayfly] agrees to supply the Services to the Client on the following conditions. These conditions are not an offer to provide service but a statement of the terms on which we will provide them.
Mayfly shall provide the services using all reasonable care and skill in accordance with these conditions. Any dates specified by Mayfly for delivery of the Services and intended to be an estimate and time for delivery shall not be made of the essence by notice. If no dates are so specified, delivery will be within a reasonable time.
Mayfly shall keep in strict confidence all technical or commercial know-how, specifications, and processes which are of a confidential nature and have been disclosed by the Client to Mayfly or its agents, and any other confidential information concerning the Client’s business or its products which Mayfly may obtain.
Mayfly shall restrict disclosure of such confidential material to such of its employees, agents or sub-contractors as need to know it for the purpose of discharging Mayfly’s obligations to the Client, and shall ensure that such employees, agents or sub-contractors are subject to obligations of confidentiality corresponding to those which bind the Client.
The Client shall co-operate with Mayfly in all matters relating to the Services, provide in a timely manner such access to the Client’s website and data, as is requested by Mayfly and provide in a timely manner such information as Mayfly may request, and ensure that such information is accurate in all material respects.
Mayfly shall invoice the Client and the Client shall pay the Fees and any other charges due to Mayfly as per the invoice date. All Fees and other charges are subject to VAT.
If the Client fails to make any payment due to Mayfly within 30 days of receiving the invoice:
(a) Mayfly shall have the right to charge interest on the overdue amount at the rate of 8 per cent per annum above the then-current Bank of England’s base rate accruing on a daily basis from the Due Date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment, and compounding quarterly, and,
(b) suspend the provision of the Services.
If any sum due to Mayfly remains outstanding after 30 days from the invoice date then Mayfly may also take legal action in order to recoup the outstanding fees.
To terminate the agreement, the Client must provide 30 days’ written notice to Mayfly for either the whole or any part of the Agreement.
Mayfly may immediately terminate the Agreement (or at its option, any part of it) by notice in writing to the Client if the Client fails to pay to Mayfly any sum due under the Agreement after the due date for payment.